[arch-dev-public] pending devtools issues

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 11:47:11 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 11:40:11PM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > Ok, Dan and I cracked this out, after struggling with the git svn
> > stuff for a bit.
> >
> > http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=devtools.git;a=summary
>
> Hey thanks guys.  I too struggled with git-svn, you guys just happened to
> triumph.

*we* didn't - Dan did. It seemed kinda hard though. I could only get
about 13 revisions before it crapped out due to missing dirs or repos
or something like that (pacbuild, srcpac, etc) - I'm not entirely sure
what the deal was - probably multi-project commits it couldn't
rationalize.

Looks like Dan actually used git-svn instead of git-svnimport, and
then had to do some monkeying with some of the data.

> I'll remove the devtools svn in favour of the git project (once we release
> a new package and update the references).

Yeah. I didn't know the devtools PKGBUILD used an svn pull - we should
probably push a real tarball up to the ftp dirs like we do with
pacman.