[arch-dev-public] GIT Daemon up on projects.archlinux.org

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 23:22:57 EDT 2007

For all out there that may not be aware, we now have a subdomain at
http://projects.archlinux.org where we host some of our internal Arch
projects. We have been moving a lot of our projects from other version
control systems to GIT as of late, and currently have quite a bunch of
these projects hosted, as you can see here:
http://projects.archlinux.org/git/

For those interested in helping out with these projects or just
following along with the code, we now have a git daemon up and
running. All of these projects can still be fetched over http if need
be, but using the GIT native protocol is much more efficient.

The following two examples should get you started on cloning one of
our projects:
(Over HTTP) git clone http://projects.archlinux.org/git/namcap.git namcap
(Over GIT) git clone git://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git pacman

Note the slight difference in URLs- for cloning over GIT, no /git
directory is used. Happy git-cloning, and we'd really like to see some
community participation with these projects if you have something to
contribute! Patches always welcome on the mailing lists.

-Dan