[arch-dev-public] Testing policy

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 07:57:51 EDT 2007

Time for the "big hat"

We had some oopses today. Problems that were brought up less than 3
months ago, which reoccurred.

In the past, Judd had a problem with saying that every package needs
to go to testing. I don't.

Going forward, every single [core] package MUST go to testing, and
MUST be OKed by at least one other developer. The term here is
"independent verification" - we want someone else, that is not you, to
tell you this works.

While we have no formal tools in place for this, eventually I'd like
to have a way to "sign off" that a package in testing works.

Just to clarify:

This is not a request. This is not a discussion. The core repository
is critical to ArchLinux systems and should never be broken like this.

All core packages MUST go to testing and MUST be verified by another
developer. Feel free to do this on the ML, or on IRC - just somewhere
where we can look back on the logs if there are issues.

-- Aaron