[arch-dev-public] Killing CVS [was: Status Report 2007-10-15]

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:30:18 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> If we run into problems later with a solution, I
> know I'll feel like saying "I told you so".

I didn't want this to turn to opinions and fanboy-ism, but it appears
to have happened in record time.

I need to repeat this point. About 2 months ago I converted extra and
current to git repos. Full history and tags were kept and very little
changed. It was done in about 10 minutes. I committed to git and
converted back to CVS is about the same time.

So, let me make this abundantly clear:

>>> We can't fuck this up. <<<

There is no way anything gets lost besides time. We're already soaking
time by going off on these little tangents.