[arch-dev-public] Where [erxtra] ends and [community] begins

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 17 08:08:07 EDT 2007

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:38:08 +0300
"Roman Kyrylych" <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:

> IMVHO all games except those that are official part of Gnome and KDE
> package sets and also rarely used scientific packages would fit
> Community well, while can still be maintained by developers.

As a point of note, I've always been interested in maintaining games,
however my radeon card makes me unhappy due to the inability to play
them well.  XD

I'm hoping that will change once AMD releases drivers this month for
fglrx - in which case I'd be more than happy to pick up all orphaned
games.  I enjoy a good game.

Whether I maintain them in community or extra I suppose doesn't matter,
but yeah, since people were showing interest in maintaining Sci
packages, I figured I'd weigh in with my equally "niche" games. :)

--
Travis