[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Logo Contest - RULES

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 17 12:54:36 EDT 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:43:01 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote
> What about time frame? How long for submissions, how long for voting,
>  etc?

Oh, good call - I was rolling time frames over in my mind before I wrote the
mail, but forgot to include them.

I was thinking maybe two weeks for submissions, or up to a month - basically
giving time for those people who can't crank out 10 ideas a day to come up
with something and give it some love.

As for judging, that will be the job of the Developers.  We take the
submissions, make an [arch-dev-public] email with links to all of them, and
everybody adds their +1s to the ones they like.  At the end, the one with the
most +1s wins.  In the event of a tie, all equally-voted logos will again be
submitted, and devs will choose the one they like best of that group.  In the
event of ANOTHER tie, we open the voting up to the community (or maybe open it
up to the community in the event of the first tie?)

--
Travis