[arch-dev-public] 2007.11-0.1 TEST ISO, 1 week signoff

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Tue Oct 23 10:51:17 EDT 2007

Hi
i just placed the new "Core Dump" TEST ISO
to the mirrors:
ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/rc-iso/2007.11/

1 week testing should be enough,
I tested them in kvm-qemu and didn't find an issue.

Announcement draft,
if you think the ISOs are working and don't have showstoppers:
--- Announcement draft begin
Hi Arch community,

Arch Linux 2007.11-1, "Core Dump" has been released.
This is the second release to use our new repo layout.
There are two ISOs, ftp and core.

Changelog:

GENERAL:
- kernel 2.6.23.1 usage
- RAM usage has been revisited, these are the new recommendations:
     * FTP ISO, CORE ISO: arch boot image
       160 MB RAM x86_64/i686 (all packages selected)
     * CORE ISO: lowmem boot image
       96  MB RAM x86_64 (all packages selected)
       85  MB RAM i686   (all packages selected)
       64  MB RAM i686   (only base packages selected)

FIXES:
- fixed intel wireless automatic module loading (arch boot image)
- fixed auto prepare of harddisk (lowmem boot image)

As usual check md5sum before using the images and also be aware of the new
RAM recommendations the images have.

Have fun
greetings
tpowa