[arch-dev-public] Status Report 2007-10-22

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Wed Oct 24 21:47:16 EDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:11:38 -0700
Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:

> This is just to you...
>
> > I'll update the script I have that finds these bad licenses to do
> > case-insensitive searches as well - that should knock off a few
> > that're wrongly marked "bad".  Oh, I guess I'll make it accept
> > "MIT", "BSD", "Python", "zlib", and "libpng" as valid licenses, but
> > ensure those packages reference /usr/share/licenses/ in their build
> > function, since they have to install the modified version of the
> > license.
>
> Do you have a copy of your script?  Does it work against package
> files?  If so, we might as well just port your updates to the
> licensepkg rule of namcap and we can run that on entire repositories.

Yay redundant questions - yes, I do have a copy of my script. :)

I sent it out to the ML quite a while back - I've attached an updated
version to this email though, which handles the case-insensitive issue
as well as the 'bsd'-style license issue.

It doesn't work on packages - only on PKGBUILDs.

--
Travis