[arch-dev-public] First list of removal candidates

Sun Oct 28 20:01:26 EDT 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Jan de Groot wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 11:14 -0400, Eric Belanger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As promised, here is a first list of removal candidates.  Please go
>> through it to make sure we don't remove a package that, for some reason,
>> should remain in extra. Some of the reason are actually questions
>> (cvsup, gnome-system-tools, ksymoops, makedev, nail, rxvt_ja, rxvt) so it
>> would be nice if someone can answer them. As said before, some of these
>> packages are depends of community packages. Please just dicuss them for
>> now. I would prefer to do the actual removal myself. I will do so in a few
>> days after the discussion.
>>
>> =====================================
>>   Package 	 Reason to remove it.
>> =====================================
>> libggz	unused lib
> libggz will be a dependency for gnome-games 2.22

We'll keep it then.

>> mt-st	low usage: it's for Linux SCSI tape driver
> So we don't support tapestreamers with any package by default?

Paul has adopted it. So I removed it from the list. What about the other
tape drive tool (mtx)? Do we keep it also?

>> pdns-ldap	unused lib
>> pdns-mysql	unused lib
>> pdns-pgsql	unused lib
> These are backends for powerdns/pdns. With the
> libmysql/libldap/libpostgresql splitup I think they can be merged with
> the normal pdns/powerdns package

I guess that means we also keep them, at least as long as there not merged
with  powerdns/pdns.

believed to be clean.