[arch-dev-public] New devtools in testing

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Oct 31 09:49:06 EDT 2007

Am Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:47:14 -0500
schrieb "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> * extrapkg now takes an -l argument to limit the scp upload bandwidth
> (Andy, please test)

I'm using it from git now for a while. Works well with -l and the
PKGDEST for uploading in extrapkg. I'm also using now ssh keys.

It's ready to move I think.

It would be nice to have the usage of PKGDEST also for checkpkg. Also
checkpkg should check first if the oldpkg already exists there.

Right now I mount the PKGDEST temporarly into each chroot to have two
common pkg collecting directories, one for each architecture. That also
allows me to use "corepkg" from outside the core chroot. But it's
useless since we have to sign off packages.

I can use extrapkg also for i686 extra repository from within the i686
extra chroot. To be able to use testingpkg/corepkg from within i686
core chroot I'm forced to install i686 cvs pkg into the core chroot.
Not a clean way but a possible solution. Any other way known?

-Andy