[arch-dev-public] Packaging Chromium for [extra]

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Dec 9 07:47:20 EST 2009

Hi devs,

I did have a closer look at chromium recently and it did improve a lot. Even
though it's called "beta" it is really usable and feature complete.

There is quite a high demand for it (the binary version in AUR has neraly 800
votes). I would like to make a peoper package for it and provide that in our
repo.

The AUR packages are either svn trunk builds or repackaged ubuntu debs with
ugly symlinks to libs with other so names.

My idea is to build a tar out of their svn tag and build a clean package with
that.

What do you think? (it's about chromium btw. and not Chrome which is Google's
build with some "extras")