[arch-dev-public] Xorg 7.5 hits testing

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Oct 13 18:23:10 EDT 2009

I've built the new Xorg 7.5 based on xorg-server 1.7.1rc1 and Mesa 7.6.

Some very old drivers have been dropped because they are no more
developed and won't build anymore.

I hope I have updated all essential parts. Some Xorg fonts related
packages still need a bump.

Mesa 7.6 is built right now plain upstream. This means Gallium 3d stack
for Nouveau and Intel. For Intel we might go back to old way DRI when
we can't solve some existing issues. Radeon is built the old DRI way.

Let's pray the update goes smooth. So far only Jan has played with
Intel drivers. We will probably need some time until all important
regressions and bugs have been solved.

Good luck.

-Andy