[arch-dev-public] Xorg 7.5 hits testing

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Oct 15 02:56:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 21:09 -0400, Eric Bélanger wrote:
> When the intel-legacy package was introduced, the newest intel drivers
> weren't working for some Intel cards like mine.  There were lots of
> artifacts that were making X practically unusable. I  tried the
> xf86-video-intel package but it just freeze the system. I'll try the
> i810 driver later.

i810 is even older and will never actually compile.

I got the legacy driver to compile yesterday, but it hangs up
completely. This Q35 system is forced to use the legacy driver, as this
system doesn't like UXA, and so doesn't work with xf86-video-intel. Not
with KMS, not without KMS. The framebuffer console itself works and
switches to the correct mode, but the screen stays blank when starting
up X. Switching back to console still works though.