[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-lts 2.6.27.31-2

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:21:52 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:01 AM, Andreas Radke<a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> This is our new Long Time Supported Kernel recommended for server usage and
> our general fallback kernel that already made it into the distrowatch news
> section :)
>
> It should now be ready to move into the repos. Please install it along the
> kernel26 and add it to your grub/lilo section. Give it a try but don't
> expect any 3rd party modules or late grafics stuff for desktops. Only full
> Ext4 support has been added for fallback reasons. Please report if you can
> boot well and if dmesg is clean.

I didn't used it extensively (just booted and checked dmesg) as I'll
use it as backup.  The only issue I noticed was some message when
restoring the alsa levels. The sound was working anyway.  When I tried
rebooting to get a copy of the exact message, I couldn't reproduce it.
There was nothing in dmesg or the logs.  That was on i686 with
snd_intel8x0 sound card.

No noticeable problems on x86_64

> Choice of repo. Most devs say it belongs to core. I'm fine with that. Is it
> safe to push it to core? Some people have concerns about the iso image size.
>
> -Andy

On the repo, I don't care. The iso guys should come forward and say if
there is place on the iso.