[arch-dev-public] db-remove slightly broken on x86_64

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 7 02:32:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was running db-remove on weechat in [testing] (the version in [extra]
was updated and no longer needs a rebuild for ruby) yesterday and I got
some weird output.

[allan at gerolde ~]$ /arch/db-remove weechat testing i686
==> Removing package 'weechat' from 'testing'...
Checked out revision 51221.
   Removing from subversion
   Removing from testing DB file (i686)
==> Extracting database to a temporary location...
==> Searching for package 'weechat'...
==> Creating updated database file 'testing.db.tar.gz'
Package files will be cleaned up automatically

[allan at gerolde ~]$ /arch/db-remove weechat testing x86_64
==> Removing package 'weechat' from 'testing'...
Checked out revision 51222.
   Removing from subversion
   Removing from testing DB file (i686)
==> Extracting database to a temporary location...
==> Searching for package 'weechat'...
==> ERROR: Package matching 'weechat' not found.
==> No packages modified, nothing to do.
Package files will be cleaned up automatically
error: repo lock doesn't exist... something went terribly wrong!

I'm guessing the PKGBUILD is sourced and the arch variable is
overwritten...  I am a bit busy to look into this at the moment so I am
flagging it for someone else to look at.

Allan