[arch-dev-public] openssl 1.0 rebuild

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Apr 1 04:54:53 CEST 2010

I have rebuild all core and some other packages. It's now time for
everybody to join the rebuild party. We rebuild heimdal and openssl at
once. See https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/30/ and
https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/32/

If you rebuild packages you should build bottom-up; means rebuild the deps
of a package first. It's probably best to join our irc channel to
communicate which packages you are about to rebuild. If something doesn't
build you might find patches at
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/$pkgname

And please avoid using versioned deps.

Btw: I think we have a problem with the pacman update. Am I right that a
-Syu will update pacman first without loading openssl which will result in
a broken pacman? This might probably the only valid usage of a versiond
dep. If that's true we might consider to keep openssl in tar.gz, too.

Happy building,

Pierre