[arch-dev-public] 2.6.35.1-1 from testing does not load sd_mod during boot, breaking boot

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Aug 14 13:24:53 EDT 2010

FYI,
I installed 2.6.35.1-1 from testing on my system (nforce2 motherboard,
silicon image sata controller, WD raptor sata disks)
this kernel does not load sd_mod during boot, which - in my case -
causes the encrypt hook to not find the device it should decrypt,
which breaks my boot process.

in the early userspace shell i can confirm there is no /dev/sd*
or /dev/disk/by-uuid

I tried regenerating initcpio from rescue media, but this did not help.
I think I will install the earlier kernel again or maybe the LTS, unless
someone has a better idea.

Dieter