[arch-dev-public] WARNING: mkinitcpio 0.5.99.3 (kill-klibc) live in testing!

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Feb 7 06:03:32 EST 2010

Okay, this is it. The busybox-based mkinitcpio is entering testing now.
BACK UP YOUR OLD (WORKING) INITRAMFS (kernel26.img) FILE! Also, do NOT
use this if you have root on NFS, it is NOT IMPLEMENTED yet.

Known issues: If you use 2.6.33 and enable the support for ext2/ext3 in
the ext4 driver, root on ext2/3 won't work with the autodetect hook,
I'll fix that for the next version.

Number of systems that failed to boot after the upgrade: 0 (so far)

Hooks adjusted: All base hooks + keymap, encrypt, lvm2, mdadm, dmraid,
raid (now a symlink to mdadm), v86d. (Also, I hear that the uresume hook
works without modification).

I am still looking for someone to implement NFS root with this, please
contact me if you are interested. This will not be the final version,
there is still some work to do, but for now this requires more testing.