[arch-dev-public] Replace Planet with Planet-Venus? (WAS: [arch-general] Planet Arch Linux atom feed)

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 22 20:21:59 EST 2010

On Sunday 21 February 2010 03:07:45 gt wrote:
> Yes, they simply show the website instead of the particular article. while
> other feeds take to the specific article on the website. Maybe i am not
> able to explain it clearly, but i think you can try it yourself, even with
> firefox live bookmarks. I mean each entry in a feed has a link, but the
> link on the problematic feed is simply
> http://planet.archlinux.org/atom.xml
>
> So clicking on it sort of makes an endless loop, and to read the full
> article i have to manually open the planet arch website and then go the
> respective (only problematic ones) blog from there.
To fix this and future issue, we could switch to planet-venus. Planet is not
developed anymore and development is focused on this "new" project. I already
set up a local installation of planet-venus and Atom feeds work fine.

You can try it here:
http://dev.archlinux.org/~andrea/planet/archplanet/output

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino