[arch-dev-public] [signoff] rfkill 0.3-2 (WAS: Re: [signoff] filesystem 2010.01-1-any && New package to core (or extra if you don't want core): rfkill)

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sat Jan 9 11:38:51 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 17:32 +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 09.01.2010 16:58, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> > This filesystem release adds the rfkill group. Please sign off.
> >
> > I'll also add the rfkill package to testing (moved from community) that
> > will use this rfkill group. I want to put this into core if nobody objects.
> >

> Okay, rfkill 0.3-2 is in testing, I'd like to have this in core:
> - Moved from community
> - Added udev rule for /dev/rfkill (group ownership set to rfkill group)
> - Added init script and conf.d file

Sorry to not reply before on this, but what do other distributions do
with rfkill? It's weird to be member of the rfkill group while
everything else is managed by things like polkit, consolekit and udev.
As my laptops have a hardware rfkill-switch instead of a software
version, I'm not really affected by this, so I don't have any experience
with it.