[arch-dev-public] OS News interview

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:59:01 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> The OS News interview is up:
> http://www.osnews.com/story/22692/Arch_Linux_Team

Fun interview. Allan's answers are the best, I have to say :)

Some comments :
- a few formatting issues. like the first reply from Thomas often
misses a newline. Allan lost his A and became llan and one page.

- whats the difference between these two questions on page 5 :
What part of the Arch Linux development is the most active?
Where is development primarily focused for the Arch Linux team (the
installation, pacman, etc)?

- about this question
One of the most notable characteristics of Arch is its rolling release
model, which assures users that they will always have the latest and
newest version of a program available. Has this model brought any
noticeable disadvantages (for example: programs that depend on older
libraries who aren't on the system anymore because of an update)?

I am not sure what the question meant to hint with "programs that
depend on older libraries who aren't on the system anymore because of
an update" but that reminded me of several times I tried to run some
binaries on Arch, and it failed because all libraries were too new. :)