[arch-dev-public] [signoff] dcron 4.3

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:01:21 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Paul Mattal <paul at mattal.com> wrote:
> In testing 4.2, we've encountered some minor issues, and I have now put
> version 4.3 in testing.
>
> I'd like to get 2 signoffs per arch for this large update.
>
> Here's the changelog since 4.2:
>
> v4.3  11-Jan-2010
>
>  * Internal refactoring to make buffer overflow checks
>    clearer and portability issues more explicit.
>
>  * Made file argument to -L mandatory; optional args to
>    getopt needs GNU extensions.
>
>  * Makefile tweaks. Added CRONTAB_GROUP for `make install`.
>    Renamed TIMESTAMPS -> CRONSTAMPS.
>
> Additionally, I took Eric's advice to follow the norm not to put
> /etc/rc.d/crond in the backups array.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> - P

Another possible issue I found out. I am not an expert on system
logging so I might be incorrect.

As the dcron logging is now managed by syslog-ng, it shouldn't provide
a /etc/logrotate.d/crond.  Instead, we should release a new syslog-ng
package with /var/log/crond.log added to the list of logfiles being
taken care of in its /etc/logrotate.d/syslog-ng. We could add, at the
same time, the other logfiles created by syslog-ng but currently
ignored in the log rotation:

/var/log/lpr.log
/var/log/uucp.log
/var/log/news.log
/var/log/ppp.log
/var/log/debug.log
/var/log/acpid.log

Am I missing something? Any objections, comments?