[arch-dev-public] OpenJDK6 help needed

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sun Jan 24 05:12:56 EST 2010

I have committed to OpenJDK6 trunk some changes. The Icedtea 1.7 branch
is not far from a release but there are some issues not yet solved with
new libs.

Libjpeg8 should be solved with the patch the is included.

Libpng 1.4 may need more fixes. The patch I have included makes it
build. But grepping for obsolete functions brought up a few more places
that may need fixes. Maybe someone can have look at this.

Using the new Xulrunner 1.9.2 release forces us to switch to the new
NPPlugin that will also work with webkit based browsers. Ubuntu also
builds that new plugin now.

I have to use a small sed fix to make it pass configure because
upstream wants libxul-unstable. Now the plugin builds fine but after
installation every page that calls plugin makes the browser segfault

e.g. http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

[andyrtr at laptop64 ~]$ ldd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/IcedTeaNPPlugin.so |
grep not libmozjs.so => not found
	libxul.so => not found
	libxpcom.so => not found

Probably that is the reason. Do we need to fix some ld.so.conf paths
for new Xulrunner?

I've also send mails to the distro-pkg-dev at openjdk.java.net list.

Maybe someone can help and have a look it. I'll be around later again.

-Andy