[arch-dev-public] SVN repository maintenance

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 23:56:43 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:45:44 -0500, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'd like to do some maintenance operations on our SVN packages
>>> repository on gerolde at some point (svn-packages). The format is
>>> still that from the 1.4.X series and we can make it a lot more
>>> efficient and get some space savings by doing either an in place
>>> upgrade and modification (easier but not preferred) or by doing a
>>> dump/load into the new format.
>>>
>>> In order to do this though, I need to make the repository temporarily
>>> unavailable for everyone for however long this takes. I don't foresee
>>> it taking more than 4 or so hours from start to finish. Does anyone
>>> have any objections with me doing this sometime tonight, e.g. 22nd
>>> June from 3 AM UTC - 7 AM UTC?
>>>
>>> -Dan
>>
>> Sure, go ahead.
>
> Starting now...expect weird results if you try to do anything.

We should be good to go.

I screwed up one little thing and double-copied a revision very late
in the stream. If you update and have ekiga checked out, you will
probably seem some conflicts pop up. If you know you don't have any
local changes, just blow the whole directory away, run another `svn
up`, and things will be good again.

Let me know if you see any other problems or things out of the ordinary.

-Dan