[arch-dev-public] samba 3.5.0 bump

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Mar 2 12:54:00 EST 2010

Am Dienstag, 2. März 2010 17:02:02 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> We should instead introduce a comment into those PKGBUILDs right above
> the pkgver= to prevent people from messing with them. Something like:

Or people could just talk to each other. We probably all have jabber, email
etc., or at least send a mail to this list. If the package is orphaned or the
maintainer is temporary unavailable just send a mail to the list.

I don't see any rant a reason for being sarcastic here. Team work simply
doesn't work without communication.

If a package needs some special treatment it should be noted within the
PKGBUILD; but this doesn't replace communication. There are a lot of reasons
why a maintainer doesn't want to bump a package right now.