[arch-dev-public] Website updated- package maintainer changes

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 00:01:03 CEST 2010

Hey guys,

I just pushed a website update today that improves something everyone
has been clamoring for- package maintainers. The quick hits:

* Package maintainership is now by 'pkgbase'. If you "adopt" one
package, you become a maintainer for all packages with that same
pkgbase (including across all architectures). This also means when a
package is converted from arch-specific to arch-independent, you won't
have to re-adopt it.
* We will never lose package maintainer info if we lose packages and
they come back in a later processing of the DB. Eric will be glad to
hear this.
* Multiple maintainers are supported. See
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/thunderbird/ for an
example. All maintainers will get an email when the package is marked
out of date (if they are signed up to do so).

With all that said, the concept of package adoption is now not an
exclusive affair- multiple people can adopt packages and all be listed
as maintainers.

Let me (and the list) know if you have any questions.

-Dan