[arch-dev-public] New device-mapper, lvm2 and cryptsetup packages in testing

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon May 3 14:21:41 EDT 2010

I put updated device-mapper/lvm2 2.02.64 and cryptsetup 1.1.1-rc2
packages to testing.

These packages enable udev synchronization to finally get rid of all
race conditions related to udev rules. I also cleaned up the PKGBUILDs
massively and removed all static binaries and libraries from the packages.

Before cryptsetup can move to core, we obviously need to wait for the
final 1.1.1 release, and libpopt, libgcrypt and libgpg-error need to
move from /usr/lib to /lib, so that initscripts are able to open
encryption even if /usr isn't available yet.

Pleae give feedback on these packages.