[arch-dev-public] [signoff] dash 0.5.6-1

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri May 28 04:57:46 EDT 2010

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2007-November/003053.html
> * https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/dash-as-bin-sh
> * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh
> * All install scripts must be sh-compatible (or we need a way of
> executing non-sh scripts, there is a bug open for that)
> * Any daemon/init script is probably written for /bin/bash as our
> rc.conf and other initscripts files use bash arrays, so those need to
> be pointed correctly

I would say make sure that core packages are fine with /bin/sh being dash
and then move it to testing. This should speed up things. For the install
scripts: why can't pacman just call /bin/bash? I mean makpekg and the
PKGBUILDS need bash anyway.