[arch-dev-public] [signoff] filesystem 2010.09 1

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Sep 18 19:07:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

this package sets a "last password change" date for the system users
like "nobody" which were defined in our default /etc/shadow. It was set
to 0 previously which has the special meaning of enforcing a password
change on users login. As a result su $user didn't work for such users.
(see pkgstats thread)

To test this change check the output of "chage -l nobody" and "su -s
/bin/sh -c whoami nobody" before and after installing this package.

Please sign off,

Pierre

PS: With this fixed we might also replace sudo usage in makechrootpkg
by just su.