[arch-dev-public] [signoff] linux-3.0-2

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 03:17:36 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Archlinux Changes:
> - Rename the package kernel26 -> linux
> - Added replaces everywhere
> - Removed old comments and vercmps from .install file
> - Removed old comments and replaces from PKGBUILD
> - added compatibility symlinks for vmlinuz26 and initramfs filenames
>  in PKGBUILD, in order to not break bootloader entries.
> - removed System.map file, not needed anymore we provide
>  /proc/kallsyms
>
> Now stuff to discuss before uploading to testing:
> - kernel name: vmlinuz-linux
> - initramfs name: initramfs-linux.img
>  same for fallback of course.
>
> greetings
> tpowa
> --
> Tobias Powalowski
> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
> http://www.archlinux.org
> tpowa at archlinux.org

Can you hold of moving it to [core] for a bit, I need to modify the
grub and grub2 config files to handle the new naming scheme.

There is a patch for grub2 (FS#25337) that I still need to verify, for
grub in [core] we should probably check for both the old and new
naming scheme as the lts kernel still uses the former.

@Allan: as you said last week you were taking care of some grub fixes,
can you do that on short term and add this, or should I go ahead and
have a go tonight?

Ronald