[arch-dev-public] dnsmasq 2.58 release

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Fri Aug 19 09:19:56 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 09:43:13AM +0200, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 19.08.2011 03:57, Dave Reisner wrote:
> > I'd like to add in dbus support (means dbus-core as a new dep) a
>
> Which features will that enable?
>
> --
> Florian Pritz

The full (short) doc on the dbus spec is here:

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/DBus-interface

But the short version is:

- cache clearing and server sets over dbus
- signals broadcast when a dhcp lease is added, deleted, updated
- more friendly with systemd

Note that while this will end up as a runtime dep, I'm not going to
force it as a new option in the config. If someone "begrudgingly"
installs dbus-core only for this, enabling dbus causes dnsmasq to poll
repeatedly until dbus is found. extra/dbus will end up as an optdep.

dave