[arch-dev-public] rsyslog in core+base?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 7 05:28:22 EST 2011

On 07/02/11 20:14, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 07.02.2011 10:54, schrieb Eric Bélanger:
>>      FS#22089 - [syslog-ng] Please install config files in
>> /etc/syslog-ng/ hierarchy
>
> Does this mean I need to move my config file _again_? I remember this
> was in /etc/syslog-ng/, then moved to /etc/, and now it is moved back.
>
> Can anyone please explain to me how this changing back and forth is
> justified? If pacman would behave better with moving config files, I
> wouldn't be bothered, but I need to move around my configuration
> manually each time this happens.

I'm not sure when/why the configuration file moved from /etc/syslog-ng/
previously.  My recollection is that there was a single configuration
file so using /etc/syslog-ng.conf probably made sense then.

However, if you look at the configuration files now, they really need
moved back.  /etc/modules.conf is just a really bad filename for a
syslog-ng file...