[arch-dev-public] Number of items in bug tracker rss feed

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:44:58 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current default of 10 is a bit low, as even someone who checks this as
> obsessively as me regularly runs into more than 10 bugs being filed between
> going to bed and waking up...  Can a flyspray admin look to see if there is
> an option for bumping this?  Up to 20 should be enough.
http://projects.archlinux.org/vhosts/bugs.archlinux.org.git/tree/feed.php

This is horribly painful to even look at.

$max_items  = (Req::num('num', 10) == 10) ? 10 : 20;

So if you specify a "num" param that is anything but 10, you get 20
items, with a catch- you will probably see it served as text/html
content-type, because there are two header('Content-type...') calls in
the feeds.php file. Ugh.

We could tweak this to be a bit less insane and actually respect the
num URL parameter if it is less than some certain amount, say 100.

-Dan