[arch-dev-public] Buggy krb5-config script

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Jul 28 13:22:15 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 12:06 -0400, Stéphane Gaudreault wrote:

> > It is ok for me to apply the krb5-1.7-nodeplibs patch. As Dave mentionned
> > the other one is just hardening stuff and it is not necessary at this time.
> > I will prepare an update later today.
> >
> > Thanks for reporting this.
> >
> > Stéphane
>
> Patched krb5 gives
>
> # krb5-config --libs
> -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err
>
> instead of
>
> # krb5-config --libs
> -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkeyutils -lresolv -ldl
>
> If it is what we want, then I will upload the pkg into testing.

That's better already, but what about this:
$ CFLAGS=test krb5-config --libs

I guess that will prepend "test" in front of your output.
The first patch fixes two things: hardening the libraries and fixing the
CFLAGS issues. The CFLAGS issue is fixed on line 36-37 of the patch, so
if you don't want the hardening, you should apply that part of the
patch.