[arch-dev-public] [systemd] adding service files to normal packages?

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Apr 12 06:20:55 EDT 2012

Hi Tobias,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> What I need is rpcbind, nfs, ssh, mysql, saned, xinetd, ntp, samba.

FWIW, I have some patches for rpcbind to get proper systemd
integration, I just need to resubmit them upstream. I think our ssh
units could also go upstream to openssh.

> My opinion on this is, the service files should belong to the packages
> and not to the arch-units package.

I agree with this. The arch-units stuff was always just meant as a
temporary solution (and it is definitely sub-optimal). We have been
enabling unit files in the individual packages wherever these are
available upstream, but I guess the time has come to include unit
files for (at least some of) the remaining packages in the same way we
now include rc scripts.

Cheers,

Tom