[arch-dev-public] Moving from procps to procps-ng?

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:29:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

The procps project didn't had any new release for a while and the
current package use a dozen of patches to fix miscellenaous things.
I'm thinking about switching to procps-ng[1]. Procps-ng is a fork of
procps by Debian, Fedora and openSUSE.  Gentoo is also using procps-ng
(although, like Debian, the package is still named procps).

I also intend to replace the home made sysctl.conf that we currently
provide by the upstream version of that file.

Any comments, objections?

Eric

[1] http://gitorious.org/procps/