[arch-dev-public] Migration to systemd

Stéphane Gaudreault stephane at archlinux.org
Tue Aug 14 10:57:42 EDT 2012

Systemd has a overall better design than SysV, lots of useful
administrative features and provide quicker boot up. Considering that it
has been around in our repositories for some time and that it could be
considered stable enough for production use, I would suggest to replace
iniscript by systemd once the 'Missing systemd units' is over. Thus we
will avoid duplicating our efforts on two init systems.

Any objections to start the migration process ?

Cheers,

Stéphane