[arch-dev-public] Migration to systemd

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Aug 15 13:36:55 EDT 2012

Am 15.08.2012 17:56, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Another point: Someone on the so-called "official" G+ stated:
>
> "Arch will move to systemd only boot process..."
>
> As Tom stated (and he maintains systemd and initscripts), this is not
> true. This angers me because
>
> 1) Something untrue and/or unprecise is being posted on the "official" G+.
> 2) There are claims that this G+ is official. Neither our website, nor
> any place else states that there is an official Arch G+ (or Facebook)
> page and links to it. This G+ has not been approved by developers to be
> "official". Yet, someone here claims to be the official G+.
>
> This must stop. If we present ourselves on social media, I want it to be
> approved on the private mailing list first. And if someone starts that
> discussion, it will get a big -1 from me.

Yes, I see the same problem here. Due to this it's announced all over
the media that we replace initscripts by systemd before it's even
discussed on this list. No idea who created this, and I don't mind if
there are "fanpages" on some social networks, but we should ask to
remove the "official" from the title here as it is misleading and just
not true.

Greetings,

Pierre