[arch-dev-public] Xorg 1.12 moves soon to testing for stabilization phase

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Feb 12 13:10:45 EST 2012

Am 12.02.2012 10:39, schrieb Andreas Radke:
> New Xorg has Xinput 2.2, Mesa 8.0 and many major library updates.
> Expect some bugs and broken packages. Most recent Xorg stuff is used in
> Fedora RawHide for a while where fixes can be found.
>
> Most noticeable changes will be:
>
> - Mesa 8.0 drops 3D support for some chips. These
>   packages are gone now: unichrome-dri, mach64-dri, mga-dri, r128-dri,
>   savage-dri, sis-dri, tdfx-dri
> - I couldn't find patches to get Xorg 1.12 support in
>   xf86-video-sisemedia and xf86-video-xgi. Both should be of very low
>   interest (not included in FC at all). We might drop them if no fix
>   can be found.
> - State of closed drivers: Nvidia has a beta pkg out with Xorg 1.12
>   support. Let's pray it's already in usable state. Catalyst (AUR)
>   users will stay in the dark as on every major Xorg release for a
>   while.

Synaptics 1.5.99-1 is completely fucked for me.

1) Circular scrolling direction is reversed. This can't be a feature,
really.
2) Speed/acceleration behaviour changed, my touchpad is now much faster
than it should be (I could reconfigure that, but I shouldn't have to).
3) The cursor keeps "coasting" when I keep the finger on the touchpad
but stop moving. Coasting is disabled in the settings as far as I can
see (and it should only be coasting if I move towards an edge of the pad).

I managed to build 1.5.0 against the newest xorg-server, but
acceleration breaks then as well (touchpad is completely unaccelerated
in this case).

My touchpad:
 AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad

This is a blocker for 1.12 for me.