[arch-events] ArchCon : easy transit through GO train ?

Dusty Phillips dusty at archlinux.ca
Thu Jul 8 20:00:02 EDT 2010

On 7 July 2010 19:27, Gregory Eric Sanderson <gzou2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have some relatives that live right next to a GO train station in
> Burlington, and was wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to transit from
> the GO trains to Humber college. By looking at a this map
> http://davidpritchard.org/maps/tortransit.html I can see that the nearest GO
> stations are malton, etobicoke north, and york university (which are quite
> far a walking distance) and i'm having trouble making any correspondance
> between the official GO maps and the TTC maps. So, i'm wondering if its
> worth the effort of using the GO trains or just going to a nearby hotel. any
> thoughts ?

I had a friend who used to take that trip from Burlington to York
University regularly. You'd have to switch to a TTC bus at York (it's
on the opposite side of the commons). I think I went to Humber from
York once (via TTC) and it wasn't too difficult, but I don't remember
how long or which route it was.

Dusty