[arch-general] Kernel Module Package Guidelines

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:24:22 EST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 12:41 AM, Michael Towers <gradgrind at online.de> wrote:
> but your responses here suggest that there wouldn't be
> much point ...

That's not entirely true. My responses here are based more on the fact
that what you see as a problem, I see as something you _should_ solve
for yourself. I know it makes me difficult and all, but I see this
sort of stuff a lot - one user wants a change so _we_ must change for
them. Yada yada, it's tedious. In this case, I feel like you have a
problem with one package, and see the guidelines at fault, but you
could simply rebuild the package to fit your own personal guidelines.

> (And where would the correct place for that be anyway? It's not a
> package, so maybe not Flyspray? The discussion page? Does anyone read
> that? ...)

Flyspray says nothing about packages in the default category. It is
named "Arch Linux" because it is general to the distro. That Project
has sub-categories which include "Packages: Extra", "System",
"Installation" and more