[arch-general] Anyway to revert back to KDE 3.5.9? (Don't Panic)

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Mon Aug 11 13:34:53 EDT 2008

On Montag, 11. August 2008 19:09 David Rosenstrauch wrote:

> My qualms are with the KDE4 software itself.  I'm not saying it's bad.
> (In fact, I'll admit that I've barely even tried any of the new
> functionality.)  It's just that it's a very big a change to a lot of
> important desktop functionality that I rely on, and would be too
> disruptive for me to switch over right now.

That is the same for me.

> The state I'm in now (keeping KDE3 via a number of IgnorePkg directives
> in my pacman.conf) is not sustainable long-term, so I'm going to have to
> get a bit more proactive soon and come up with some solution.

Is there a reason why you don't use kdemod3? But okay, that is only the half
of the story because perhaps you have to compile some of the packages which
you use by yourself. I think it is worth to do this because the next big step
in kde4 will not before Jan 2009. This is very long time and kde 3.5.10 will
come out during this year.

Using kdemod3 is easier than to create a own repo but this is again only my
opinion about it.

See you, Attila