[arch-general] Offer help for our ISO building

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 19:04:30 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Chris Brannon <cmbrannon at cox.net> wrote:
> "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> But how does a blind person reliably edit the grub prompt?
>
> When the CD-ROM drive spins down, I start typing.  It works most of
> the time.  Long timeouts from grub help.
>
> Perhaps the best solution is a separate, customized disk that starts
> speech automatically, without human intervention.  I'm working on one of
> those, using the archiso scripts.

Yeah, I was hoping to produce an alternate disk that did all this
without intevention.

PS I'm massively reworking the archiso scripts. If you look at the
current install-iso config dir, way too much is done in our makefile,
and I don't like it. I also don't like the way image mounting is done.
So just be warned the actual way to build the ISO is going to change.
As long as you keep your stuff structured nicely, it should be a
matter of just moving things around when I get my changes in.

I will probably be working on this tonight (now + 3 hours), so if you
have input, feel free to contact me over jabber if you'd like.

Cheers,
Aaron