[arch-general] Keyboard's keymap now changed since evdev upgrade

Will Siddall will.siddall at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 20:54:30 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 18:20 -0400, Will Siddall wrote:
> > Right, but I'm not using KDE, I'm using Gnome.  I've tried using an
> > Evdev-managed keyboard, and I've tried using a generic pc105... all
> > with no luck.  Plus, I've already upgraded to 1.5.3-3.
>
> The same that applies to KDE(mod) also applies to GNOME. You need to
> setup your keyboard as evdev managed keyboard when using evdev. Also, if
> you're using weird xmodmap things, be sure those things don't set the
> model to pc105 anyways, as it will break the keymaps also.
>
> BTW: Is Gmail so braindead that it can't post plaintext to mailinglists?
> This HTML is really annoying.

I set everything to evdev managed and I took out my keyboard
configuration out of xorg.conf and everything is working great.  Had
to remap everything like I mentioned before, but that was probably a
30 minute job.
Now, one thing is really bothering me.  There was a few issues to
clean up, but now my keyboard rate is all messed up.  When I'm
browsing around documents or what not, I can use my arrow keys to
navigate.  Hold them down and I get the action I want... except my
Left and Down arrows.  There's no shortcut associated to them amd they
are mapped properly, I just can't do a rated repeat.  Anyone have any
tips on what I could look for?

BTW: Jan, hope turning off HTML formatting helps you out.