[arch-general] problem with Firefox and Opera

David Baggerman david.baggerman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 18:08:41 EST 2008

Hmm..
I remember getting an error message in vlc after an update that was very
similar to the one from firefox 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for
operation)', that turned out to be a problem with the shared memory
extension in xorg, which is also what opera is complaining about.

If noone has any better ideas I would try disabling the extension in
xorg.conf.

> Section "Extensions"
> 	Option "MIT-SHM" "no"
> EndSection

For the record, I've also updated xorg-server (1.4.0.90-6), and firefox
runs with the extension on or off.

- David