[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Multilib on Archlinux x86_64

James Rayner iphitus at iphitus.org
Tue Jul 8 18:24:23 EDT 2008

> It's about the technical purity. It's this that makes us different from the
> other distro's. Otherwise we're just on the road to the next ubuntu. And if
> you really want 32 bit stuff running on x86-64, just use a 32 bit chroot and
> don't bother with the multilib stuff.

It's not at all about technical purity. This makes no changes to Arch
64, it's separate. Arch64 remains pure.

Technically, it's better than the existing lib32 efforts too.

Let's be realistic here. A computer is a tool to be used. Not that
great a tool if it doesnt do what you need it to. Some people need
flash and other closed source things.

+1