[arch-general] Current FTP/HTTP install broken

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Sat Mar 29 14:26:35 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 06:43:11PM +0100, Philippe Miron wrote:

> I just re-install Arch with a 2007 CD, I tried to use the FTP installation
> and I couldn't get the package list from any server. (and my internet
> connection was working..)  I read the thread pretty face (maybe I miss the
> bug report) but I want to know if this is a known issue?

Yes, ftp installation from 2007 CD is broken. You could use the current
(2007) core-ISOs when you do a "install from CD".

Or you use the new ISO's currently in test from here:
ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/rc-iso/2008.03/
With them a ftp/http install is possible.

> Thank you.

Gerhard

--
Ich bin nicht die Signatur,