[arch-general] Installation: after first reboot ext3 superblock mount time in future

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:33:21 EDT 2008

2008/3/29, Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer at web.de>:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 03:16:00PM +0200, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
>  >
>  > This only appears if you set the  HARDWWARECLOCK to UTC as far as i can
>  > tell.
>

> Most times in virtual machines i leave it to localtime.
>  But the hwclock of a vm comes from the host system (here it's set to
>  UTC).
>

>  > Even though i dont have Widnows installed localtime works better for me,
>  > no such issues and plus the clock uses the correct time. UTC is 2 hours
>  > ahead.
>

> Yes, windows have it's own goal with the clock: all mine, don't care
>  about other's ;-)
>
>  If i remember it, i will try next installations with tzdate set before
>  fdisk. Maybe this could solve it.
>
>  Perhaps we could set tzdate/TIMEZONE in the installer before
>  (c)fdisk'ing, maybe in km or as a own menu option if this is the reason.

Current version of installer does remount of all partitions after
timezone is chosen, AFAIR this worked fine for any combination of
timezone with localtime/UTC clock mode in BIOS.
I think a separate km-like script is needed for this though, for
example when install CD is used for rescue purposes when filesystems
are mounted in read-write mode.
Sadly I haven't provided an implementation of this yet :-(
Anyway, I'm very interesting in your bugreport (as I believed it was
fixed and haven't got any report for a long time) so *any* information
about steps you can get it reproduceable is usedul.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)