[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] device-mapper 1.02.29-1 & lvm2 2.02.43-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 16 08:06:15 EST 2008

Dieter Plaetinck schrieb:
> I'm a user, not a dev, running on i686.
> I couldn't find a definition of a 'signoff', but I updated abs, built
> the 2 new packages, they compiled fine, i installed them, rebooted my
> system and everything came up fine (dm_crypt+lvm based system).
> I also tested the basic commands (pvdisplay,lvdisplay) and even did an
> lvextend and resize2fs on a volume. everything still works fine. (didn't
> try making new/deleting LV/PV's etc though)
> Does this count as a "signoff" ?

The point of the signoff is not that you can build the package, but that
the package provided in the repositories is working. If you can build
the package, you still won't know if (for example) one of the
executables inside the binary package is corrupted. Other than that,
your tests are sufficient.

 > PS: Users cannot send to arch-dev-public at archlinux.org, so fwiw I cc'd
 > arch-general.

Indeed they can't, you can always reply on arch-general if you feel the
need to comment on a developer discussion.