[arch-general] Arch-Sheriff - A script to match NetBSD vulnerability database against Arch Linux packages

raca raca at algohumano.net
Fri Sep 12 07:29:57 EDT 2008

Qui, 2008-09-11 às 14:48 -0300, Hugo Doria escreveu:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Oh! And BTW, can someone update pacman db in gerolde? I think its a
> bit old (sheriff got a older version of wireshark and opera, for
> example).
>
> -- Hugo

Nice tool! :)

I tested it and when saw the mplayer vulns I went.. oh god, never use it
again lol.
The vulns are upstream problems and not packaging problems, so I don't
know if this is really that useful for the arch developers. I don't see
the packages maintainers making patchs for every vuln on the fly before
a new version comes out.
I think this is a better tool for admins to know which programs are
vulnerable at the moment.

Hope there will be AUR package :)

raca